Saturday, March 15, 2014

Happy Belated Birthday Dr. Seuss

I had a full week of  Dr. Seuss related therapy activities planned out for Dr. Seuss' birthday/Read Across America.   However, the weather had other plans... we ended up having snow days on Monday, Tuesday and Friday the first week in March!  We had some Seuss-tastical fun on Wednesday and Thursday but I had way too many activities lined up to not extend Dr. Seuss week.  This week in speech we:
Read Dr. Seuss books in the iPad

Worked on Synonyms by matching Horton the Elephants the matching Clover 
Dressed up like our favorite Dr. Seuss characters 
Made Cat in the Hat hats with our speech sounds on them 
Flipped Green Eggs with our speech words on them 
Sequenced Green Eggs and Ham

One of the teachers in my school sent us this great smartboard pack with celebrities like 
Justin Bieber and Tim Tebow reading some of our favorite Dr. Seuss books.
My kinders got a kick out of the biebes reading The Cat in the Hat

We  made Truffula Tree forests with our own Lorax to protect them.  
I had each kiddo work for their pom poms by saying their words x number of times
and then we drew the trunks on our Truffula Trees.

All in all I would say our Seuss themed week (and two days) was a hit.  I am gearing up for a St. Patrick's week full of green and gold and NO SNOW!

SLP Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment