Thursday, February 27, 2014

Stellar Speech

I don't know about y'all but this week has just been crazy busy making up meetings and evaluations that have been missed due to snow days.  That being said, this week I have been running on survival mode (aka flying by the seat of my pants).  Usually I go into a week feeling prepared and have my theme for the week all laid out with fun activities for my kiddos. Don't get me wrong we have still been having fun in speech but it has been a plan as I go kind of week.  

This week's theme (if you can call it that) was Outer Space.  While we did many fun space themed things, I am leaving this week just thanking Jesus that I have survived. 

We worked on pronouns, verbs, and creating sentences with this activity from Crazy Speech World's Intergalactic Expressive Language Package (find it here)

We made our own solar system with our speech sounds written on the stars. 

We worked on Synonyms by matching stars to their synonyms in different constellations (activity can be found here).  

I am excited to have time this weekend to get ready for our Dr. Seuss week so I can feel ready to tackle the week head on.  

SLP Natalie

P.S. Have you taken advantage of the sale on Teachers Pay Teachers??  Not going to lie I went a little crazy but it could be worse... it could be drugs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment