Saturday, February 8, 2014

Our First Full Week of School!

We finally had our first full week of school!  I never thought I would be so excited to type those words but man these crazy snow days have really been throwing off my schedule as well as all my kiddos' schedule!  This week was a struggle for all of us as we acclimated to a full 5-day school week.  I also finally got to use all my materials for my winter themed week.  The one good thing about the snow days is I was able to collect actual snow for my kiddos.  I'm sure I looked like the crazy person in my apartment complex trying to collect snow off my car but it was totally worth it.  The kiddos loved using all our senses to describe snow.  We also used a ton of fun activities from some of my favorite SLPs on Teachers Pay Teachers.  All in all I would say our winter week was a winter wonderland of fun. 

Working on pronouns 

Describing snow using all our senses

Using all our sense to describe snow... the kids got a 
kick out of playing with the snow inside

Building Snowman Synonyms 

I had my kiddos take turns drawing out cards 
and we would act them out then talk about what we did

This week we also started getting ready for our Speech Olympics which included each student making their own flag to represent themselves in the Speech Olympics.  I quickly discovered that my kiddos had no clue that the Olympics were upon us/had now clue what the Winter Olympics included.  So we had a crash course in one of Miss. K's favorite things.

Learning about all the winter sports we will see in the Winter Olympics

My reading kiddos read about and became the "expert" on different Winter sports 
and came up with four important facts about that sport to share with our group,
We worked on comprehension skills, correct grammar, and articulation skills.
This is part of the Speech Olympics pack.

My weekend project... getting Miss. K's speech room
ready for the speech Olympics

Let the Games Begin!



No comments:

Post a Comment